Weight Loss Spa
Your Long Term Weight Loss Plan
Weight loss can be a challenge for many people, often because every piece of the health puzzle is not being addressed. By utilizing therapies that address the whole person and look at the internal physiological and behavioral causes of weight gain, healthy weight loss goals can be achieved and maintained, while overall health and vitality are elevated to new heights.
In many people, diet and exercise is not sufficient to lose weight, why is this? It is because there are often numerous dysfunctional physiological cycles in that person’s body that are keeping it weighed down (no pun intended). Blood sugar, hormone level, toxic load, gut health are all reasons that will thwart weight loss efforts. For most people it is incredibly relevant to begin to explore these as it makes diet, exercise and stress management much more effective.
Our guests achieve life changing weight loss through our customized program. You receive personal training, individual nutritional consults, behavioral consults, and comprehensive blood lab tests with a consult with our naturopathic doctor that all work together to not only addresses current weight problems, but also provide a long-term weight loss plan that fits your lifestyle.
Through our four pillar multi-disciplinary approach combining fitness, medical, nutrition, and behavioral health—you can experience a fit and healthy body, a sharp mind, and a vibrant spirit!
VeraVia’s multi-disciplinary approach to weight loss considers all the aspects of health that may be impacting your ability to achieve the successful, lasting results you desire.
Our fitness team will design a specific fitness plan based on your individual fitness level, that will give you the best results possible, including:
- Non-intimidating activities that are fun
- Low-impact exercises to minimize risk of injury
- Which exercises will boost your metabolism, helping you burn more calories even while you rest
- How you can get great results in half the time, using proven exercise techniques
Our naturopathic medical team will help you meet your weight loss goal with a multi-faceted approach, including:
- Proper nutrition, portion control and digestive health
- Health history including current muscle or joint aches and pains
- Stress management, quality of sleep and energy levels
- Emotional and behavioral patterns
- Past physical and emotional traumas
- Hormonal function, inflammation and ability to detoxify
Our nutritionist will teach you how to eat for healthy weight loss without feeling deprived, including:
- Change your relationship with food and its role in your life
- Rid yourself of the negative food habits of dieting
- Understand the metabolic benefits of nutrient dense foods
- Learn how adding food can lead to losing weight
- Rewrite your food portfolio
- Grocery shopping and label reading tips
- Meal planning and healthy food preparation
- How to plan for social events and travel
- How to deal with cravings
Our behavioral health team will work with you in both group and individual sessions to:
- Identify and uncover possible origins of your weight issues and what might also be contributing factors that maintain your struggle with your weight
- Address emotional eating patterns
- Teach you new strategies to more effectively cope with negative emotions without using food for “comfort”
- Address negative body image issues which further foster poor self-esteem and low self-efficacy and inhibit your ability to achieve success in your weight loss goals
- Break the vicious and self-deprecating cycle that “dieting” creates
- Increase your self esteem
- Learn self-motivation techniques
- Learn to increase your awareness of ingrained mental patterns, emotions, and signals from your body to create new, positive mental and physical patterns
- Mindfulness and mind-body awareness