VeraVia Enhanced Health & Safety Protocols
Our top priority for welcoming guests and our VeraVia team members back is to do it safely and to ensure the highest care for all. As we welcome you back, you can have peace of mind knowing we are taking all necessary precautionary measures to maintain a safe environment for all. We are committed to adhering to the latest recommended guidelines from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and other local government agencies and we will update our safety guidelines as needed.
Park Hyatt Aviara Resort has implemented Hyatt’s Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment policy. In addition to our own rigorous safety protocols, VeraVia is also coordinating and following the resort’s Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment policy. You can read more details here.
As an extension of the resort’s Forbes Five Star evaluation, we are proud to share that Park Hyatt Aviara is among the first hotels and resorts in the world to become Sharecare Health Security VERIFIED® with a Forbes Inspector.
VeraVia has always placed a strong emphasis on providing a healthy environment where you can feel safe, stress-free, and confident that our team has your best interest and wellbeing always at the forefront of our mind. That hasn’t changed.
To ensure a safe environment for all we have incorporated the following specific health guidelines.
- During our temporary closure the Park Hyatt Aviara underwent a complete resort-wide $50M renovation and transformation. All room accommodations and all other resort spaces have been completely redesigned with all new finishes and furniture, including our private VeraVia spaces. Guests will benefit from staying in a resort that is essentially brand new, the highest level of cleanliness possible.
- In addition, prior to reopening all spaces were thoroughly deep cleaned and disinfected.
- Our wellness program has always been designed as a boutique experience limited to no more than 10 guests per week. Our limited guest numbers allow us to easily be able to adhere to all social distancing requirements while still providing guests with our exceptional wellness retreat program.
- Guest health screening: We will pre-screen to qualify guests at the time when they make their reservation. Anyone experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, or any Covid-19 related symptoms will be required to book their reservation 4 weeks after they are symptom free. We will then check in with each guest 3-5 days before their arrival to ensure they are symptom free and have not been in contact with anyone that has tested positive for Covid-19. On arrival we will monitor temperatures of all incoming guests. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be allowed to check in and will be assisted in rescheduling their stay. We will continue to take guests’ temperatures and monitor for health symptoms daily.
- Temperature Check: All staff, visitors, and guests will have their temperature checked daily before participating in any activities.
- VeraVia Staff Health Check: We have trained our staff to self-check themselves before arriving to VeraVia each day to make sure they do not have any symptoms.
- Face Masks: VeraVia staff and guests will be required to wear face masks at all times except in guest rooms, while eating, swimming, while outdoors with social distancing (6 feet), and while receiving certain spa services. We request that you bring your own masks, but we will have additional masks.
- Safe Distancing: We maintain the 6-foot safety distance in classes, dining, pools, and other activities for all individuals not traveling together. Transportation will be done with limited occupancy in vehicles. Our resort has over 200 beautiful acres of land which allows more than enough space for social distancing.
- Dining: Meals will be served in accordance with the latest State and Local guidelines. When indoor dining is not permitted meals will be served at outdoor seating areas while maintaining social distancing requirements. Guests also have the option of having their meals in their room.
- Fitness Classes: To ensure the safest experience we will be providing all fitness classes outside while maintaining social distancing. We have created new fitness classes with new equipment options to our fitness program. We are fortunate to have almost perfect weather year-round for outdoor activities, however if we have inclement weather then we will relocate fitness classes indoors while still maintaining social distancing. Face masks are optional once everyone is settled into their class spot and properly distanced.
- Workshops and Individual Consults: All staff and guests will wear face masks during workshops and individual consultations and maintain social distance requirements for individuals not traveling together.
- Air Purifiers: We will be using air purifiers in all of our VeraVia indoor spaces.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing: We regularly clean all spaces and fitness equipment using products that meet CDC and EPA standards. Areas will be cleaned and sanitized before and after each scheduled class or activity. High traffic areas will be cleaned and sanitized regularly every hour including doorknobs, light switches, and other surfaces.
- Hand Sanitizers: No touch hand sanitizers are located throughout the resort.
- Hyatt Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment: The Park Hyatt Aviara Resort has implemented a comprehensive cleanliness and health protocol including the following:
- Cleaning & Sanitization: We are conducting regular—in many cases hourly—cleaning and sanitization of frequently touched surfaces and high-traffic guest and colleague areas such as elevators and elevator buttons, escalator handrails, and restrooms, as well as the surfaces and equipment in our gyms and spas. Cleaning and sanitization includes the use of hospital-grade disinfectants as well as exploring and testing the use of electrostatic sprayers. We are also implementing enhanced cleaning protocols for guestrooms, including the removal of high-touch items and minimizing the number of times our hotel teams enter guestrooms.
- Temperature & Wellbeing Checks: All colleagues are required to have a body temperature check each time they enter a hotel. Hyatt hotels are conducting guest temperature checks in compliance with local requirements or in light of community spread of COVID-19 in the hotel’s area. We are also asking colleagues and guests to conduct wellbeing checks prior to arriving to the hotel. Colleagues and guests who are showing signs of COVID-19 and/or colleagues with a fever of 100.4 F (38 C) or greater will be advised to contact their healthcare provider.
- Hand Hygiene & Social Distancing: Good hand hygiene is one of the most important steps individuals can take to protect themselves. Reminders on hand-washing techniques are located throughout the hotel, with hand sanitizer stations or sanitizing wipes also prominently placed throughout. Social distancing measures are strongly encouraged in hotel public areas such as elevators, fitness centers, airport shuttles and more, while many hotels are placing protective shields at the front desk and grab-and-go markets.
- Masks & Gloves: Guests are required to wear face masks or coverings in hotel indoor public areas and when moving around in outdoor areas at all Hyatt hotels in the Americas. Hyatt colleagues are required to wear face masks or coverings at all Hyatt hotels globally, as well as additional personal protective equipment based on job specifications. From front desk associates to housekeeping, spa therapists and kitchen staff, colleagues are trained on the importance of wearing protective gear and are taking additional safety precautions for guests and each other.
- Knock & Go Room Service: To promote safety for our guests and colleagues, all room service orders will be delivered to the door, unless otherwise indicated by the hotel. To minimize contact, our colleagues will knock on your door or ring your doorbell to notify you upon the delivery of your order. At some properties, grab-and-go options will be available.
- Food Safety Protocols: Our teams are implementing precautionary measures starting with food preparation to set-up and service, and enhancing food safety and hygiene protocols for restaurants, room service, and group meetings and events. We are frequently disinfecting kitchen surfaces, and colleagues are wearing masks and gloves when plating and serving made-to-order dishes. We have temporarily shifted many restaurants with a buffet offering to à-la-carte menus and made-to-order options.