Tired of lay-about vacations? Drop some weight, eat gourmet fare and take in a treatment or two at a weight loss retreat. Whether they lack the willpower to stick to a diet and exercise regimen, or they follow a strict routine that seems ineffective, so many people are left wondering why they can’t lose weight.
If you’re struggling to reach your goal weight, you should consider the benefits of a weight loss retreat. According to the health and wellness trends for 2022, the spa industry reached $18 billion in market size. If you aren’t sure if a weight loss retreat is right for you, it’s best to consider how a retreat can help you finally reach your health goals beyond just the number you see on the scale.
One of the biggest trends for travelers right now is getting away to shed some weight, cultivate better nutritional habits and enjoy a bit of spa time in the process. Weight loss plans don’t have to be complicated. Here are five reasons going on a weight loss retreat can level up your health journey.
1. It’s Enjoyable and Nutritious
Losing weight on your own can be grueling, and working out at home or the gym can be exhausting and lackluster. The no-pain, no-gain approach most fitness programs use works for some, but if it doesn’t work for you, it can be discouraging. Wellness retreats/spas that specialize in weight loss create a highly structured combination of medical and fitness analysis, with individual and group daily exercise, nutrition, behavioral coaching, stress management, lifestyle wellness workshops, and spiritual rejuvenation. Our nutritionist will teach you how to eat for healthy weight loss without feeling deprived, through techniques including:
● Changing your relationship with food and its role in your life
● Ridding yourself of the negative food habits of dieting
● Understanding the metabolic benefits of nutrient dense foods
● Learning how adding food can lead to losing weight
● Rewriting your food portfolio
● Grocery shopping and label reading tips
● Meal planning and healthy food preparation
● How to plan for social events and travel
● How to deal with cravings
2. You Get Expert Fitness Coaching
Everyone who works at weight loss retreats are professionals. You will have one on one consultations with our nutrition, fitness, and behavioral health clinicians to target your specific goals. Their main objective is to help you reach your personal goals in a controlled environment. This will help avoid temptations that prevent you from reaching your weight loss goals and get the best results, including:
● Non-intimidating activities that are fun
● Low-impact exercises to minimize risk of injury
● Which exercises will boost your metabolism, helping you burn more calories even while
● How you can get great results in half the time, using proven exercise techniques
3. It Helps You Focus
It can be challenging to lose weight while juggling your job, family, housework, and social events. At a resort, you can narrow your focus on yourself and your weight loss goals by staying for a few days or even a week, depending on how long you need. You can direct all your attention to the exercise regimens planned by the professionals and eat only nutritious foods that fuel your body. Spa time will help reduce your cortisol levels, effectively allowing your body to let go of the excess weight it is holding onto.
Our behavioral health team will work with you in both group and individual sessions to:
● Identify and uncover possible origins of your weight issues and what might also be
contributing factors that maintain your struggle with your weight
● Address emotional eating patterns
● Teach you new strategies to more effectively cope with negative emotions without using
food for “comfort”
● Address negative body image issues which further foster poor self-esteem and low
self-efficacy and inhibit your ability to achieve success in your weight loss goals
● Break the vicious and self-deprecating cycle that “dieting” creates
● Increase your self esteem
● Learn self-motivation techniques
● Learn to increase your awareness of ingrained mental patterns, emotions, and signals
from your body to create new, positive mental and physical patterns
● Mindfulness and mind-body awareness
4. It Breaks Your Bad Habits and Improves Health
Unhealthy habits are the primary cause of weight gain and can prevent you from losing weight. For example, it’s easier to order a pizza during the weekend than cook, and it’s easier to go to a drive-thru for lunch rather than packing a healthy lunch. In addition, many people would rather lay around at home than work out, which impedes your weight loss journey. The professionals at a weight loss retreat will help you develop the necessary skills to eliminate these bad habits and replace them with healthy ones. These skills will be essential in maintaining weight loss and help you lose more weight when you go home.
The VeraVia naturopathic medical team will help you meet your weight loss goal with a multi-faceted approach, including:
● Proper nutrition, portion control and digestive health
● Health history including current muscle or joint aches and pains
● Stress management, quality of sleep and energy levels
● Emotional and behavioral patterns
● Past physical and emotional traumas
● Hormonal function, inflammation and ability to detoxify
5. It Gives You Motivation
Losing weight on your own can be challenging because it takes a great amount of self-discipline when you don’t have someone to push you and keep you motivated. Without the necessary support, it’s easy to give up when things get difficult. The professionals at VeraVia will give you the motivation and support you need. They will hold you accountable, ensuring you stick to your diet and exercise regimen, which is essential in reaching your weight loss goals. Diet and exercise don’t come easy for many people, and going away to a weight loss retreat will give you the tools necessary to stick to your weight loss plans. If you’re ready to start your weight loss journey, contact VeraVia today. We offer all-inclusive wellness packages that are personalized to your specific needs.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY
Whether you have questions about VeraVia programs or you’re ready to take the next step to lifelong wellness, we’d love to hear from you. Call: 800.527.1936